Sunday, July 31, 2011

Searching old friends - II

In last post (Searching old friends - I), I raised a question regarding the probability of finding your childhood friends after growing up. Some friends told me offline that they couldn't get the main idea about what the post is? Whom I am searching? What made me write this post? Why I am searching them through social networking only? Why I don't go simply to their place and find out? And have I found my lost friends now or not? In this post I am gonna answer all these questions. And its my own experience.

One question I should answer here itself that why internet only? Actually, some friends changed their place, some in fact city itself so we didn't have each others' contacts. So at present, apart from internet, I don't have any other way to find their whereabouts :(

Well, To begin with, Lets start the process of searching an old lost friend. And pick any social networking site which you use most often (say Facebook). Now, type the name of your friend, only name won't do, you will have to type "surname" also, because, as I mentioned earlier that unless the name of your friend is extremely unique, you will definitely find so many people of same name. Now, if you are lucky enough, you will find your friend by seeing his/her profile photo provided, (1) he/she has put a profile photo, (2) you are able to recognize your friend after "growing up". But if you fail to do so, half of your chances of finding your friend are already gone. But don't give up. Still, its not impossible. You can contact each one of them (people of same name) and ask if they are the same "abc xyz", who you are looking for. Who knows, you may be talking to your friend also while asking. Happy? Mission over? No.

It may also happen that your friend is still not active on social networking. Don't worry, don't lose hope. Wait for some more time, days, months or may be even years. Hopefully, you will be able to see your friend soon. Or, may be they will find you themselves. Now Happy? Again No?

Why? What can be the reason that you are not able to find them?

Now, here comes the point which I wanted to raise. What if person has changed the name? But why the person will change the name? Person (your friend) has a beautiful name, there was no need to change the name. Then why?

Hmm, most of my friends must have changed their names, that's why I am not able to find them :(  They had to change their names. Because most of them would have been married by now. Some got married at the age of 20 only!! Yes, now you got the point. I am talking about the girls here who must have had to change their surnames. So the name of my friend which was "abc xyz" is something else now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though some girls who don't want to lose their identity but still accept their changed name "gracefully", making it to "abc xyz pqr". I wish my friends would have done the same, so that I won't have to ask people with name "abc pqr" ---   "Are you the same "abc pqr" who was "abc xyz" earlier?" 

And I am doing this for last five years in search of my friends, failing every time. :( :(




4 comments:

Jaidev said...

That's odd. I found 2 of my old friends from school on internet. I was out of touch from them for 10-12 years. It is not easy but definitely doable

Jyotsna said...

Thanks JaiDev for the comment. Yes I also found many of my friends on internet. But here I am making point of my friends who are girls and probably married by now. So being in India their surnames must have been changed now. So I m finding it difficult to find them.

shashi purwar said...

very nice written ........!
its very difficult to found friends on internet . stil serching ....my friends .
one question raised in my mind after married how many girls follow their friendship in future also . i always try to interact with them, also find my two collage friends on net ........my best friends . they searched me on net .so
just one thing tell you ...one day your friend connect with u ........!

Jyotsna said...

Thanks Shashi for the comment and thanks for the wish also :)
I hv seen many gals who sustain their friendship after marriage. In fact many of my childhood and college friends are still in touch after their marriages. And I also hope to do the same after my marriage. Some friends are forever !!